The LMR23615 SIMPLE SWITCHER® is an easy-to-use 36-V, 1.5-A synchronous step-down regulator. With a wide input range from 4 V to 36 V, the device is suitable for various industrial applications for power conditioning from unregulated sources. Peak current mode control is employed to achieve simple control-loop compensation and cycle-by-cycle current limiting. A quiescent current of 75 µA makes the device suitable for battery-powered systems. An ultra-low 2-µA shutdown current can further prolong battery life. Internal loop compensation means that the user is free from the tedious task of loop-compensation design and also minimizes the external components needed. An extended family is available in 2.5-A (LMR23625) and 3-A (LMR23630) load-current options in pin-to-pin compatible packages, allowing simple, optimum PCB layout. A precision enable input allows simplification of regulator control and system power sequencing. Protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit, hiccup-mode short-circuit protection, and thermal shutdown due to excessive power dissipation.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- 4-V to 36-V Input Range
- 1.5-A Continuous Output Current
- Integrated Synchronous Rectification
- Current-Mode Control with internal compensation
- Minimum Switch ON Time: 60 ns
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- PFM Mode at Light Load
- Frequency Synchronization to External Clock
- 75-µA Quiescent Current
- Soft-Start into a Pre-Biased Load
- High-Duty-Cycle Operation Supported
- Output Short-Circuit Protection With Hiccup Mode
- Thermal Protection
- 12-Pin WSON Wettable Flanks Package With PowerPAD™